Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thrifty Life Thursday #18 and Features from Last Week...


Since I have no photos to show you of a few recent thrifty finds, I'll share my bedroom view out Glen Eyrie Castle in Colorado Springs. It was lovely. Blooming trees, budding bulbs, a sweet garden bench and a footbridge...I could get used to that. 

(Insert the sound of a stereo needle scratching a vintage record album here.)

Today, I have a clogged kitchen sink with cracked p trap, a broken washing machine, lots and lots of things on my calendar that draw me away from doing the un-fun work around my house. Three plus trips to various hardware stores to find the correct p trap for my 1945 house, and I still don't have it, washing dishes in a plastic tub and pouring the dishwater down the toilet...thank you for paper plates and disposable cups!

Still, life is good. I am loved. I am full and warm and have more than I need. Tonight I enjoyed happy hour with three sweet friends, two of whom live far away. It was sweet. I am thankful. 

You can be thankful for the lack of photos of my house, my kitchen sink, etc. I am also thankful for YOU for bringing more loveliness into my life, even virtually and from a distance. 

Have a peek at this week's features from last week's party:

Tania from Farragoz Designer's Notebook shared a lovely post about specialty-painting two mismatched glass front cabinets in her home to create a stunning display of wonderful items!



Jann from Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen shared a garden birdcage stand she salvaged and created, along with other wonderful garden ideas and photos. 


DSC01210

Patti, of Ivy & Elephants, shared a most fabulously whimsical collection of vintage salt & pepper shakers - you must see them to appreciate them! (Those girls have the most unusual and wonderful collections between them!)
How 'bout this bread and butter set? Amazing. 


Please pray I find the perfect p trap to fix my sink, so I can do something a little more fun than plumbing, which is NOT my gift. (I have a nice semi-empty front bedroom waiting for me...)

Have you been to any garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets, or have you found anything wonderful on the curb? We want to see it!


THRIFTY LIFE THURSDAY #18

Gathering Guidelines:

This is a gathering for people who enjoy hunting for treasures 
that may have previous experience or lived a former life elsewhere. 
Please share items that are second-hand or are composed of second-hand materials.

Types of Posts to Share:
    • Home decor, furniture, collectibles, garden items and even wearables are welcome, as long as they have a second-hand element.
    • Please, no food items, new pieces from "real" stores, or crafts, unless made with upcycled, thrifty finds.
    • Hand-me-downs and curbside finds are welcome, as are items found in thrift stores, garage sales, antique shops, flea markets and other interesting places.
    • Treasures may be listed as you found them, or with your updates, tweaks, and re-purposes; befores and afters are both welcome.
    • Items need not be "vintage" but must be pre-owned or second hand.
    • Posts including Etsy and other shop links are welcome! For visitor enjoyment, please link to your blog post, not directly to your Etsy shop. 
    Etiquette:
      • Though it is not a requirement, it would be lovely if you would follow Revisionary Life some way - via Blogger, Pinterest or Facebook or subscribe via email. Links are located in my sidebar to the right.
      • Please link your post (not your blog address) back to Revisionary Life.             
      • Please visit at least one other party friend.
      • I'd love for you to comment and introduce yourself if we've never met before. :) Otherwise, don't feel obligated to leave a comment. 
      Features:
      • Featured items must meet the criteria above. 
      • Only posts that link back may be featured.
      • I will try to email you and let you know if you were featured!

      Word for the Day:
      Hebrews 10:24-25
      24
       And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.








      8 comments:

      Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

      Revi, I'm number 1. Yahoo! Now that doesn't happen often. Thanks so much my friend for the feature. Always makes my day! Sure hope you get your plumbing problems solved. No fun at all!
      hugs,
      Jann

      Julie said...

      Thanks for hosting, Revi!

      Ivy and Elephants said...

      Revi, you poor dear! I so hope you find that trap and all is right soon. Thank you so much for hosting and featuring my little salt and pepper collection, it's just a little dose of fun!
      Hugs,
      Patti

      farmhouse-story said...

      so sorry for the unfun things, revi. i'm impressed you can fix your plumbing--i wouldn't know where to start. wishing you fun in the days ahead:)

      Unknown said...

      I sure hope those plumbing issues get solved SOON! Nothing like life chores...but I love what you find to be thankful for in the midst of it all.
      I recovered a Goodwill chair but haven't done a post about it yet.. hopefully next week!
      xo

      Joy@aVintageGreen said...

      Hi Revi, thank you forThrifty Life Thursday. It has been a 'working in the garden' week for me.
      Joy

      Audrey said...

      Revi ... sorry about your problems ... hope you can resolve them soon. Not fun but thanks for taking time to get this party together. Always so much fun.
      Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

      Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

      Thank you Revi, appreciate joining in with your Thrifty Life. Hoe you did find the perfect p trap to fix your sink.
      Denise